“Coming on this trip allowed me to see a side to Thailand that I never knew - beyond the bright lights of Bangkok, the bustling night markets of Chiang Mai, the serene beaches of Pattaya .. lies the welcoming hearts of the Thai people. I received nothing short of the most overwhelming hospitality here in Phichit, a province that no one outside Thailand knows. In a completely foreign land, my host offered me help whenever I need it, and my students make me look forward to school every day."

— Levonne Goh, Year 1 Political Science Major  




Browsing through our opportunities online is free of charge.


However, once a match is made between a volunteer and the opportunity, all programs require at least a $650SGD programme fee.


This fee does not cover flights, visa fees, or insurance. Please check your specific project as accommodation or meals may or may not be included.


Volunteers are required to be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old. (NUS or non-NUS students).


Applicants should be able to speak good English.


There are no background requirements in terms of education or work experience. AIESEC does not discriminate base on race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, creed, religion, national, ethnic or social origin.


1: Is there any funding or subsidy for Global Volunteer?

ANSWER: Currently, there is no subsidy offered for the Global Volunteer programme. However, you may choose to use your PSEA funds to cover the costs of your trip. Refer to Section 2(c) of the NUS PSEA Scheme.


2: What is the coverage of the NUS Travel Insurance?

ANSWER: Please refer to this document on the summary of the policy cover prepared by Marsh. 

NUS Travel Insurance is free for all students. Including coverage for some personal travelling time before and after the project. However, coverage ends when you go back to home country (e.g. China).


3: How do I get the proof of travel/health insurance for my VISA application?

ANSWER: Fill in the declaration form found in the 2nd point here. Send it to the relevant Marsh Officers indicated at the bottom of the form. Include relevant documents i.e. Endorsement by IRO, Invitation letter etc.

Refer to points 11-13 in http://www.nus.edu.sg/finance/doc/students/FAQs.pdf


4: What is the claims procedure for the NUS Travel Insurance?

ANSWER: Please refer to this document for the claims procedure.


5: The embassy requires proof that Global Volunteer is endorsed by NUS for visa application. How do I go about getting this proof?

ANSWER: Please refer to Point 12 of the i-Intern Application Guide.


6: What is the document to show that EPs have sufficient funds needed for visa application?

ANSWER: Bank Statement, you can either use your online bank statement or request from the bank (requires around $20). Or state that their parents will sponsor their trip, and use their parent’s bank statement.


7: My GV trip clashes with my National Reservist. How can I get the NS Deferment supporting letter?

ANSWER: i-Intern Application Please refer to Point 11 of the Guide .


8: Can Chinese Nationalities EPs go for Taiwan Projects?

ANSWER: No, Taiwan visa for Chinese citizens only last for 14 days.


9: What is LDA?

ANSWER: LDA is the leadership development assessment survey that has to be done before approving the acceptance of project for the EP.

Apply -> Accept (by EP) -> do LDA -> Approve (by us)




© 2019, AIESEC in NUS




15 Kent Ridge Drive,

NUS Business School,

#04-2A (Business Activity Room)